Compressed Air Systems has been providing professional equipment sales, system design, installation, 24/7 service for compressed air and industrial vacuum systems to customers in North Carolina, South Carolina and Central Virginia since 1984. Our goal is to provide the best technical support, products and service available in our trading area. Over the last 30 plus years, we have developed a staff of Systems Engineers, Factory Trained Service Technicians, and heavily experienced Parts and Support personnel. Our staff of industry experts makes Compressed Air Systems the best option for your compressed air and vacuum requirements.
Compressed Air Systems, Inc. is an authorized distributor of Atlas Copco Compressors, a world-leading manufacturer of compressed air solutions, industrial vacuum pumps, and air treatment systems. Compressed Air Systems has partnered with Atlas Copco, and this partnership allows Compressed Air Systems to offer the most innovative, efficient and long lasting equipment solutions to our valuable customer base. With highly trained and factory certified Sales Engineers and Service Technicians located throughout North and South Carolina and Virginia, we are strategically positioned to serve your compressed air needs. To learn more, visit The Compressed Air Blog.
Compressed Air Systems is recognized as an industry leader in synthetic lubricant technology and we can service almost any industrial application.
We offer 24/7 service and stock parts/lubricant for all major brands including: Ingersoll-Rand, Ingersoll Rand, Leroi, Atlas Copco, Quincy, Gardner Denver, Joy, Kaeser, Chicago Pneumatic, Belaire, Curtis, FS Curtis, Hitachi, Sullair, Sullivan Palatek, Palatek, Compair, Comp Air, Bauer, Champion, Great Lakes, Hankison, Kobelco, Parker, Pneumatech, Powerex, Roots, Zeks, Zurn, Domnick Hunter, Boge, Almig, Alup, Nash, Mattei, Elgi, Rotair, ABAC, Worthington, Dekker, Becker, Devilbiss, Devair, DV Systems, Donaldson, Danfoss, and many more. Our highly trained and qualified technicians provide service, maintenance and repairs for all brands.
From the Wright Brothers’ first flight at Kitty Hawk, the legacy
continues as a leader in aerospace innovation.
• North Carolina has the 10th-largest automotive sector employment in the U.S., is the birthplace of stock-car racing and a NASCAR hub, and home to more than 290 automotive manufacturing establishments.
• Major biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies are attracted to North Carolina where they find the largest research park in the country and three Tier 1 research universities.
• With energy ranging from nuclear energy to smart grids, the state ranks second in growth in turbine manufacturing, third in fossil fuel power generation and fifth in semiconductor manufacturing.
• The variety of thriving food and beverage manufacturing industries includes agriculture, the second-largest animal processing and manufacturing, and the sixth-fastest growing confectionary producer.
• North Carolina is the “Furniture Capital of the World”, home to the largest furnishings industry trade show in the world, largest furniture store in the world and the largest furniture manufacturer in the world.
• Some of the most established, internationally known companies within the plastics and chemicals sector operate in North Carolina.
• Our workforce comprises the largest textile mill industry in the U.S.
Air flows easily through pipes and valves, quickly filling a space. It can be compressed to higher pressures and stored as potential energy. When the pressure is relieved, the compressed air can be used to perform many types of work; making it the perfect fluid. Compressed air is so versatile that it is often considered a fourth utility like electricity, natural gas or water. However compressed air is very inefficient; for every 5 HP of energy that is put into compressing air, only 1 HP is available as potential energy. Compressing air produces a stored volume at pressure and the byproduct of this process is heat. Heat is actually wasted energy from the compression process so the less efficient the compressor or blower, the more heat is produced.
A leading manufacturer of energy efficient compressed air systems offering reciprocating and rotary screw compressors as lubricated or oil free machines; scroll compressors, refrigerated, desiccant, membrane and heat of compression air dryers; air line filters; and air distribution systems.
Compressing air creates heat and concentrates water and other contaminates. These must be removed for efficient use in an industrial compressed air system. Clean, dry air allows pneumatic instruments, valves, and controls to operate reliably, keeps pneumatic equipment running at peak efficiency, and extends the service life of air tools, motors, and cylinders. Dry air also helps ensure product and process quality.
The new Atlas Copco low pressure screw blowers are an average of at least 30% more efficient than comparable rotary lobe blowers. They also produce a full range of Variable Speed Drive (VSD) compressors and blowers that adjust the speed of the unit to precisely match the system demand, thereby using only as much energy as is required to keep up. They are so efficient that they often pay for themselves in a short time through energy savings alone. Use the handy Power Pay Calculator to estimate how much you can save with an Atlas Copco VSD drive compressor or blower.
Atlas Copco's AIRnet compressed air piping system delivers quality air exactly where you need it, at the right pressure and at the lowest possible cost. High quality AIRnet elements provide flexibility in system design and ease of installation.